A fantastic hands-on experience on the farm for children aged 8 to 11 years!
£110 pp for a one-to one guided session – (£99 pp for a small group)
What happens on the day
Arrive at 10am for a welcome drink and advice on Health and Safety in the Eco Centre. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. The farming day will start at 10.15am with a full schedule and will include activities such as:
- Collecting eggs
- Sweeping the barn
- Feeding and cleaning out some chickens
- Feeding, grooming and cleaning out the small pets
- Grooming the ponies or donkeys
- Harvesting some fruit and/or vegetables from the garden
- Watering the garden
- Helping to feed some of the bigger animals such as the goats and sheep
Farmer’s Feast – A filling lunch in the Barn Café is included. You will be joined by the Green Dragon Farmer who will talk to you about the farm and animals.
The Farmer for a Day experience will end at 2pm, however you and your parent/guardian will have the rest of the day to spend at your leisure at Green Dragon.
At the end of your day you will be rewarded with a goody bag and a ‘Farmer for a Day’ certificate to prove you are a fully trained Green Dragon farmer!